When to see your First Contact Physiotherapist
• First Contact Physiotherapists (FCPs) are highly trained
physiotherapists, usually based in GP surgeries.
• FCPs have extensive experience in the assessment and management
of musculoskeletal conditions – such as back or neck pain – and see
these patients without the need for a GP appointment.
• If you have bone, joint or muscle pain, you can see an FCP.
What to expect when you see your FCP:
• Your FCP will assess and diagnose you.
• Give you expert advice on how best to manage you condition.
• Refer you onto a specialist service if necessary.
How do you book an appointment to see your FCP?
• Simply contact your GP practice and request an appointment
to see the FCP. The reception team will check that you’re suitable
and book an appointment for you